<$BlogRSDURL$>
Stuff.com
Sunday, January 02, 2005
 
Comfortably Numb

Today is just one of those days. The holidays are gone and your presents lay strewn around the house. My head has gotten used to a long headache, my mind is shut off. My stomach is sick from salty foods and from watching the movie Super Size Me. Never again will I eat at McDonalds. On to business. My town's local team has changed its name/mascot from the Greensboro Bats to the Greensboro Grasshoppers. Could we have a worse choice? Doubtful. The change is aimed at kids. Are grasshoppers fun now? People of the baseball world; any kid who didn't get the pun Bats isn't interested in baseball! Oh yeah, and the new slogan is Catch the Bug. I geuss they thought it was appropriate because there was a shortage of flu shots. I will probably never regain the little respect I had for the former Bats.

Comments:
"Stuff.com?"

Anyone who doesn't get the pun Stuff isn't interested in ... stuff.
 
Think of it this way: While the Grasshoppers is a totally lame name, the Asheville AA team is the Tourists...kind of weird that the home team will always just be visiting, in my humble opinion.

Do you guys still have the Greensboro Generals for hockey, or did they pack up and leave town?
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger